Uncomcast

This whole thing started for me on July 16, 2009.

My mother has complained to me that her Comcast bill was high again. This was surprising to hear because just a month before, I've spent a significant amount of time on the phone with Comcast Customer Service, and assumed that I took care of all the issues. I decided to try to use Comcast chat function to get the matter straight again, since it was already late and night and I did not want to have a loud conversation.

My question was rather simple, why do I have such a large bill, and where did the extra charges come from. The irony of this situation is that all I wanted is just enough information to know what is going on. The customer representative took literally 5-10 minutes between every time he would get back to me. Every time he did get back to me, his answer had nothing to do with my question. Eventually I just had enough. I asked him for a reference number, and decided to contact somebody normal next morning.

Since almost two hours of my life was wasted on pointless discussion, I felt it was a little unfair to me since my family is already paying a lot of money to Comcast. That is why I decided to give Comcast a feedback, expecting something like usual "we are sorry" and maybe a little credit back for my time waisted and some questionable charges. There was no response.

I waited for a couple of days and re-submitted my complaint. Just like the last time, I've received an email saying that my suggestion was received and a customer representative will get back to me "probably within a couple of hours". I've never heard from them again.

Meanwhile I've shared my experience with some friends of mine via email, and began to get an overwhelming response of people who could identify with similar problems that they had n dealing with Comcast customer service. One of my friends even had already blogged about it, at his business site. This made me realize that if so many of my personal friends had problems with their service, there must be millions of people out there who must share the similar issue.

A quick Online search for "Comcast Sucks" and "F&%k Comcast" has showed me that there are thousands of pages and blog entries related to this issue. I did not, however, find a single website that would strive towards a constructive solution that would actually make the diference. That is why I decided to create this blog.

If you had a similar experience with Comcast customer service and don't mind sharing it please follow a submit your story link to the right of this page. If you have a blog I will post a link to your original post in the body of the story. If you don't have a blog, I will just post it with whatever information you'll provide me with, so that Comcast can get back to you in case they will come across your complaint.

Comcast services are very expensive. I really hope that eventually Comcast will realize that this approach is actually causing them to lose money and would pull their acts together, or get ruined by a new competitor, their choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment